Damenstiftskirche St. Anna

Munich, Germany

Damenstiftskirche St. Anna

Damenstiftskirche St. Anna is a chapel in Munich, southern Germany.

It was commissioned in the 18th century by Elector Charles Albert (later the Emperor Charles VII) and the cornerstone was laid in 1733. A monastery in the legal form of a chapter of nuns was set up. The architect was Johann Baptist Gunetzrhainer, while the Asam brothers were responsible for the interior. The women's collegiate church was consecrated in 1735.



Accommodations near Damenstiftskirche St. Anna

View more options near Damenstiftskirche St. Anna0

Nearby Tours & Activities