Glaspalast (Munich)

Munich, Germany

Glaspalast (Munich)

The Glaspalast (Glass Palace) was a glass and iron exhibition building located in the Old botanical garden - Munich in Munich modeled after The Crystal Palace in London. The Glaspalast opened for the first General German Industrial Exhibition on July 15, 1854.

Following other examples around Europe, the Glaspalast was ordered by Maximilian II, King of Bavaria, in order to hold the Erste Allgemeine Deutsche Industrieausstellung (First General German Industrial Exhibition) on July 15, 1854.



Accommodations near Glaspalast (Munich)

View more options near Glaspalast (Munich)0

Nearby Tours & Activities