Maximilian-II-Kaserne

Munich, Germany

Maximilian-II-Kaserne

The Maximilian-II-Kaserne respectively Max-II-Kaserne was a military facility in Munich, Germany, which was completed in 1865. The kaserne was named after Maximilian II of Bavaria.

The barracks were the largest ones that have ever been built in Munich. They were primarily used by some field artillery regiments and the 1st Train Detachment of the Bavarian army. Between the World Wars the barracks were used by the Bavarian State Police, and in Nazi Germany by the Kraftfahr-Ersatz-Abteilung 7 (Motor Reserve Detachment 7) and by the Kraftfahr-Ausbildungs-Abteilung 7 (Motor Training Detachment 7). The symmetrical main building with its 600 meters width was planned by the architect M. Berger, and some facades were designed by Eduard Riedel. The facility was destroyed in the Second World War.



Accommodations near Maximilian-II-Kaserne

View more options near Maximilian-II-Kaserne0

Nearby Tours & Activities