Türkenkaserne

Munich, Germany

Türkenkaserne

The Türkenkaserne (or Neue Infanteriekaserne am Türkengraben und Prinz-Arnulf-Kaserne) was a Bavarian Army barracks in the Maxvorstadt district of the German city of Munich.

The barracks were occupied by the Royal Bavarian Infantry Lifeguards Regiment until 1918, and then by the 2nd "Kronprinz" Line Infantry Regiment. From the 1890s onwards two other regiments were billeted in the new barracks. Another wing was added in 1872–73, followed by an "Exerzierhaus" or gymnasium in 1886. On the 1918 Revolution soldiers closed down the barracks under orders from Kurt Eisner.



Accommodations near Türkenkaserne

View more options near Türkenkaserne0

Nearby Tours & Activities