Fountain of the Esedra

Naples, Italy

Fountain of the Esedra

The fountain of the Esedra is the largest fountain in Naples, Italy, located in the vast architectural complex of the Mostra d'Oltremare.

The fountain was designed in 1938 by two architects, Carlo Cocchia and Luigi Piccinato, and inaugurated in 1940. It was commissioned by the fascist regime, as it was to celebrate the Italian colonial policy. The inauguration was spectacular: the symphony "Fontane d'Oltremare" (composed by Guido Pannain) was performed and the water jets were synchronized with the music.



Accommodations near Fountain of the Esedra

View more options near Fountain of the Esedra0

Nearby Tours & Activities