San Ferdinando (church), Naples

Naples, Italy

San Ferdinando (church), Naples

The Church of San Ferdinando is a historic church located on the Piazza Triesti e Trento, near the Royal Palace of Naples, in central Naples, Italy.

The original church at the site was dedicated by the Jesuits to Saint Francis Xavier, and was built in 1636. Reconstruction in mid 1650s was entrusted to Cosimo Fanzago. In 1767, with the expulsion of the Jesuits from the realm, the church was granted to the Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George who dedicated the church to Saint Ferdinand III of Castile, the patron saint of the reigning king of Naples Ferdinand IV.



Accommodations near San Ferdinando (church), Naples

View more options near San Ferdinando (church), Naples0

Nearby Tours & Activities