Astor Market

New York City, United States

Astor Market

The Astor Market was an indoor public market built in 1915 at 95th Street and Broadway on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, New York City. It was financed by Vincent Astor with between $750,000 and $1,000,000.

It was designed by Tracy and Swartwout in 1915 and financed by Vincent Astor who wanted to provide fresh produce at lower prices for the people of Manhattan. The frieze was a mural by William Mackay. Jules Guérin created banners for the flagpoles that were placed on the roof. The market closed in 1917 and was later demolished.



Accommodations near Astor Market

View more options near Astor Market0

Nearby Tours & Activities