Church of St. Clement Mary Hofbauer

New York City, United States

Church of St. Clement Mary Hofbauer

The Church of St. Clement Mary Hofbauer was a parish church of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York which was located in the Hell's Kitchen neighborhood of New York City. Founded in 1909, the parish was closed in the late 1960s. Since 1984, the church building has been occupied by Metro Baptist Church.

In 1909, in an effort to meet the spiritual needs of the newly arrived Polish inhabitants of the west side of Manhattan, Cardinal John Farley, the Archbishop of New York, authorized the founding of a new parish to serve them. He authorized the Rev. J. Letanche, a native of Austrian Poland, to undertake this challenge.



Accommodations near Church of St. Clement Mary Hofbauer

View more options near Church of St. Clement Mary Hofbauer0

Nearby Tours & Activities