Film Guild Cinema

New York City, United States

Film Guild Cinema

The Film Guild Cinema was a movie house designed by notable architectural theoretician and De Stijl member, Frederick Kiesler (earlier designs by Eugene De Rosa). It was located at 52 W. 8th St. in Greenwich Village, New York City. It was built in 1929. It was renamed the 8th Street Playhouse a year later.

The first stage performance was of Life & Love-Ballet of Hands & first film shown was The Frog Princess.



Accommodations near Film Guild Cinema

View more options near Film Guild Cinema0

Nearby Tours & Activities