St. John's Chapel (New York City)

New York City, United States

St. John's Chapel (New York City)

St. John's Chapel belonged to the Episcopal parish of Trinity Church in Tribeca, Manhattan, New York City.

It was constructed in 1803 to designs by John McComb Jr. and his brother Isaac McComb on Varick Street, facing St. John's Park. McComb gave it a sandstone tetrastyle prostyle portico supporting a tower and multi-storeyed spire that rose to 214¼ feet. Master builders for the chapel have been recorded as T. C. Taylor, Henry Hedley, Daniel Domanick and Isaac McComb. The chancel was added in 1857 to designs by Richard M. Upjohn.

Thumbnail image credited to Additional info


Accommodations near St. John's Chapel (New York City)

View more options near St. John's Chapel (New York City)0

Nearby Tours & Activities