St John the Evangelist Church, Newbury

Newbury, United Kingdom

St John the Evangelist Church, Newbury

St John the Evangelist Church is one of four parish churches in the town of Newbury in the English county of Berkshire.

In 1859 the parish of Saint John was founded and in 1860 was consecrated by the Bishop of Oxford. A church designed by William Butterfield was built, which served the parish until 10 February 1943, when it was destroyed in a German air raid.

Thumbnail image credited to Additional info


Accommodations near St John the Evangelist Church, Newbury

View more options near St John the Evangelist Church, Newbury0

Nearby Tours & Activities