St Nicolas Church, Newbury

Newbury, United Kingdom

St Nicolas Church, Newbury

8.6

St Nicolas Church is the Church of England parish church of Newbury, Berkshire, and stands just south of the main bridge over the River Kennet, in the centre of the town. It is chiefly remarkable for the consistency of its Perpendicular Gothic architectural style and its unusually large size for a parish church.

St. Nicolas Church is dedicated to the eponymous Bishop of Myra in the fourth century. A church was first built in this spot during Norman times, and it is mentioned in a document of 1086 in which Ernulf of Hesding gives the church of the Abbey of Préaux.

Thumbnail image credited to Additional info



Accommodations near St Nicolas Church, Newbury

View more options near St Nicolas Church, Newbury

Nearby Tours & Activities