St. Lorenz, Nuremberg

Nürnberg, Germany

St. Lorenz, Nuremberg

9.4

St. Lorenz (St. Lawrence) is a medieval church of the former free imperial city of Nuremberg in southern Germany. It is dedicated to Saint Lawrence. The church was badly damaged during the Second World War and later restored. It is one of the most prominent churches of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Bavaria.

The nave of the church was completed by around 1400. In 1439, work began on the choir in the form of a hall church in the late German Sondergotik style of Gothic architecture. The choir was largely completed by 1477 by Konrad Roriczer, although Jakob Grimm completed the intricate vaults.

Thumbnail image credited to Additional info



Accommodations near St. Lorenz, Nuremberg

View more options near St. Lorenz, Nuremberg

Nearby Tours & Activities