Fort Maitland

Orlando, United States

Fort Maitland

Fort Maitland was a military fort built by the United States Army at what is now Maitland, Florida. It was built in November 1838 as a supply depot during the Second Seminole War. The fort was named after Captain W. S. Maitland, who was injured during the Battle of Wahoo Swamp and later killed himself after 9 months of trying to recover from his injuries.



Accommodations near Fort Maitland

View more options near Fort Maitland0

Nearby Tours & Activities