Chiesa di San Francesco Saverio

Palermo, Italy

Chiesa di San Francesco Saverio

9

The Church of Saint Francis Xavier (Italian: Chiesa di San Francesco Saverio or simply San Francesco Saverio) is a Baroque church of Palermo. It is located in the quarter of the Albergaria, within the historic centre of Palermo. The building is considered the masterpiece of the Jesuit architect Angelo Italia.

On 20 September 1633 the Jesuits founded their fourth house in Palermo. It was destinated to the Third Probation and dedicated to Saint Francis Xavier. This new foundation was patronised by Giovanna Aragona Ventimiglia, Marchioness of Giarratana. In 1634 the archbishop Giovanni Doria blessed the initial core of the structure.




Accommodations near Chiesa di San Francesco Saverio

View more options near Chiesa di San Francesco Saverio

Nearby Tours & Activities