Place Beauvau

Paris, France

Place Beauvau

Place Beauvau (English: Beauvau Square) is a public square in the 8th arrondissement of Paris, at the intersection of the Rue du Faubourg-Saint-Honoré, Avenue de Marigny, Rue des Saussaies and Rue de Miromesnil. It is located in the La Madeleine neighbourhood, next to the Élysée Palace.

Place Beauvau is best known for the Hôtel de Beauvau, built by the architect Nicolas Le Camus de Mézières around 1770 for the prince, Charles Juste de Beauvau-Craon. In 1859, the Government of France purchased the building and installed the French governor-general of Algeria there. However, Victor Fialin, the duke of Persigny, who was Minister of the Interior under Napoleon III, arranged for his ministry to be moved from the Rue de Grenelle, in the 7th arrondissement, to this location.



Accommodations near Place Beauvau

View more options near Place Beauvau0

Nearby Tours & Activities