Rue Saint-Dominique

Paris, France

Rue Saint-Dominique

The Rue Saint-Dominique is a street in the 7th arrondissement of Paris. It was formerly known as Chemin de la Longue Raye (1355), Chemin des Treilles (1433), Chemin Herbu (des Moulins 脿 Vent) (1523), Chemin de l'Oseraie (1527), Chemin du Port (1530), Chemin des Vaches (1542), Chemin de la Justice and Chemin des Charbonniers. It was renamed Rue Saint-Dominique in 1643 after the Dominican monastery set up a few years earlier near the eastern end of the street (now absorbed by the Boulevard Saint-Germain), whose only remnant is the 脡glise Saint-Thomas-d鈥橝quin on the Place Saint-Thomas-d鈥橝quin (called Place des Jacobins until 1802, after the Dominicans).

In 1670, Jeanne Baptiste d'Albert de Luynes was born at number 33, the H么tel de Luynes. It is now destroyed.



Accommodations near Rue Saint-Dominique

View more options near Rue Saint-Dominique0

Nearby Tours & Activities