Saint-Jean de Montmartre

Paris, France

Saint-Jean de Montmartre

Saint-Jean de Montmartre (French pronunciation: ​[sɛ̃ ʒɑ̃ d(ə) mɔ̃.maʁtʁ]) is a Roman Catholic parish church located at 19 Rue des Abbesses in the 18th arrondissement of Paris.

Situated at the foot of Montmartre, it is notable as the first example of reinforced concrete in church construction. Built from 1894 through 1904, it was designed by architect Anatole de Baudot, a student of Viollet-le-Duc and Henri Labrouste. The brick and ceramic tile-faced structure exhibits features of Art Nouveau design while exploiting the superior structural qualities of reinforced concrete with lightness and transparency. The Art Nouveau stained glass was executed by Jac Galland according to the design of Pascal Blanchard. Interior sculpture was by Pierre Roche.



Accommodations near Saint-Jean de Montmartre

View more options near Saint-Jean de Montmartre0

Nearby Tours & Activities