Saint-Joseph-des-Carmes

Paris, France

Saint-Joseph-des-Carmes

脡glise Saint-Joseph-des-Carmes (Saint-Joseph-des-Carmes) is a Roman Catholic church located at 70 rue de Vaugirard in the 6th arrondissement of Paris in the heart of the S茅minaire des Carmes (part of the Institut Catholique de Paris).

In 1612, Pope Paul V requested Queen Marie de M茅dicis to accommodate the Order of Discalced Carmelites in Paris. The queen provided lodging for them in the H么tel de Valles and then built a church on the side of the rue de Vaugirard, then at the southern limits of the city. Construction began in July 1613 and was completed in 1620; the church was consecrated in 1625. It was the first church dedicated to St Joseph.



Accommodations near Saint-Joseph-des-Carmes

View more options near Saint-Joseph-des-Carmes0

Nearby Tours & Activities