Salle Favart

Paris, France

Salle Favart

The Salle Favart, officially the Th茅芒tre de l'Op茅ra-Comique, is a Paris opera house and theatre, the current home of the Op茅ra-Comique. It was built from 1893 to 1898 in a neo-Baroque style to the designs of the French architect Louis Bernier and is located on the Place Bo茂eldieu just south of the Boulevard des Italiens.

The Salle Favart is the third theatre with this name on this site. The first Salle Favart, built to the designs of Jean-Fran莽ois Heurtier, opened on 28 April 1783. Charles Simon Favart was the company's director at the time. It was destroyed by fire on the night of 14 or 15 January 1838. The second Salle Favart, built to the designs of Th茅odore Charpentier , opened on 16 May 1840. It was destroyed by fire on 25 May 1887.



Accommodations near Salle Favart

View more options near Salle Favart0

Nearby Tours & Activities