Greenwood Cemetery (Birmingham, Michigan)

Pontiac, United States

Greenwood Cemetery (Birmingham, Michigan)

Greenwood Cemetery occupies 7.9 acres (32,000 m2) on Oak Avenue between Greenwood and Lake Streets, west of Old Woodward Avenue, in Birmingham, Michigan. The gently rolling landscape contains over 3,000 graves; 650 date from the nineteenth century. The grounds display a plethora of limestone, marble, cast zinc and granite monuments. An iron fence with low stone piers flanking the entrance fronts the cemetery. In 1885 the Greenwood Cemetery Association was established to maintain the burial ground. When the Association was dissolved in 1946, the city of Birmingham assumed the ownership and maintenance of the cemetery.



Accommodations near Greenwood Cemetery (Birmingham, Michigan)

View more options near Greenwood Cemetery (Birmingham, Michigan)

Nearby Tours & activities