Estádio das Antas

Porto, Portugal

Estádio das Antas

The Estádio das Antas (officially Estádio do Futebol Clube do Porto) was the third (and longest occupied) stadium of the Portuguese football side FC Porto. It was in use from 1952 to 2004, replacing the earlier Campo da Constituição, 1.6km (1 mile) to the west, and later replaced by the Estádio do Dragão, a block southeast away. As well as the stadium, it had an indoor arena and three training grounds. The club's offices were also split between the inside of the stadium and the Torre das Antas, built in front of the stadium during the 1990s. It was demolished in 2004, although one floodlight still remains, and the majority of the site is not yet redeveloped.

The stadium was split into six different areas. The Poente and Maratona contained the best seats, while the most financially accessible were located in the Superior Norte, Superior Sul and Arquibancada. Between the Norte and Poente were seats for the away supporters. Each stand was split into different sectors. While the Poente had four, both Maratona and Arquibancada had five, and both Superiores (upper tiers) had nine, but two in Norte were reserved for away supporters. For matches, low turnout from away fans, in contrast to that expected from Porto supporters, so the away fan sector was often reduced in size by half. In the past there were other divisions, such as splitting the Superior stands between the original and the new terraces built after the 1986 capacity increase.



Accommodations near Estádio das Antas

View more options near Estádio das Antas0

Nearby Tours & Activities