Teatro Sá da Bandeira

Porto, Portugal

Teatro Sá da Bandeira

The Teatro Sá da Bandeira is the oldest performance venue in the city of Porto, with a capacity for 786 people and opened in 1846, it was responsible for the first presentation of films produced in Portuguese (on 12 November 1896, by Aurélio Paz dos Reis), and was converted in the first years of its opening on stage to some of the 19th century theater biggest stars, such as Sarah Bernhardt, Julián Gayarre and Antonio Scalvini.

On August 4, 1846, it was inaugurated as Teatro Circo, a wooden shack, built by D. José Toudon Ferrer Catalon for his equestrian company.



Accommodations near Teatro Sá da Bandeira

View more options near Teatro Sá da Bandeira0

Nearby Tours & Activities