Hus Congregational House

Prague, Czech Republic

Hus Congregational House

The Hus Congregational House, or Husův sbor, is a Hussite church in Dykova Street in Prague 10. It was completed in 1935 as part of a multi-functional development by architect Pavel Janák in the constructivist style. The tall, six-storey minimalist tower and belfry carries a 700 kg copper chalice as a symbol of the Hussite Church. The tower was briefly used to create an alternative radio station during the Prague uprising in 1945.

The Hus Congregational House was built between 1930 and 1935 to architect Pavel Janák's constructivist design in Dykova Street in Prague 10 for a Hussite congregation. The land near the old water works had been purchased in 1925, and the Church commissioned Janák to create a novel design for the church.



Accommodations near Hus Congregational House

View more options near Hus Congregational House0

Nearby Tours & Activities