Jiřího z Poděbrad Square

Prague, Czech Republic

Jiřího z Poděbrad Square

Jiřího z Poděbrad Square (George of Poděbrady Square, officially: náměstí Jiřího z Poděbrad) is located in Vinohrady district in Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic. It is dominated by Art Nouveau Church of the Most Sacred Heart of Our Lord from 1932, which stands in the middle of it. The majority of the square is actually an urban park, there is also a stone fountain included. Metro and tram stops of the same are located on the square.

Jiřího z Poděbrad Square was established in 1896 and was previously called King George Square (Náměstí krále Jiřího), by name of George of Poděbrady, who was a king of Bohemia from 1458 to 1471. The name of the square was changed to the current one in 1948.



Accommodations near Jiřího z Poděbrad Square

View more options near Jiřího z Poděbrad Square0

Nearby Tours & Activities