Grosvenor Chambers

Prahran, Australia

Grosvenor Chambers

Grosvenor Chambers, at number 9 Collins Street, Melbourne, contained the first custom-built complex of artists' studios in Australia. The construction costs were almost £6,000 and the building opened in April 1888. The owner was Charles Stewart Paterson (1843-1917). He, in partnership with his brother James, had a high-end decorating business in Melbourne. Their brother was the painter John Ford Paterson who sometimes exhibited with the Heidelberg School artists.




Accommodations near Grosvenor Chambers

View more accommodations near Grosvenor Chambers

Nearby Tours & activities