Bibliotheca Hertziana – Max Planck Institute for Art History

Rome, Italy

Bibliotheca Hertziana – Max Planck Institute for Art History

The Bibliotheca Hertziana – Max Planck Institute for Art History is a German research institute located in Rome, Italy. It was founded by a donation of Henriette Hertz in 1912 as a Kaiser Wilhelm Institute. Of the 80 institutes in the Max Planck Society (Max Planck Gesellschaft), it is one of the few not located in Germany. The institute is situated in the historical centre of Rome near Trinità dei Monti in a cluster of four buildings along the Via Gregoriana: the 16th-century Palazzo Zuccari, the adjacent Palazzo Stroganoff, the Villino Stroganoff across the road and the new library building (completed in 2012) designed by the Spanish architect Juan Navarro Baldeweg.



Accommodations near Bibliotheca Hertziana – Max Planck Institute for Art History

View more options near Bibliotheca Hertziana – Max Planck Institute for Art History

Nearby Tours & activities