Chanonry Point

Rosemarkie, United Kingdom

Chanonry Point

9.2

Chanonry Point (Scottish Gaelic: Gob na Cananaich) lies at the end of Chanonry Ness, a spit of land extending into the Moray Firth between Fortrose and Rosemarkie on the Black Isle, Scotland.

An active lighthouse situated at the tip of the point was designed by Alan Stevenson and was first lit in 1846. The lighthouse has been fully automated since 1984 and is operated by Northern Lighthouse Board.

Thumbnail image credited to Dave Conner from Inverness, ScotlandAdditional info


Guests' reviews


Accommodations near Chanonry Point

View more options near Chanonry Point

Chanonry Point Tours & Activities