Saginaw River Rear Range Light

Saginaw, United States

Saginaw River Rear Range Light

The first Saginaw River lighthouse was constructed from 1839 to 1841, in a period when large quantities of lumber were being harvested and shipped from the heart of Michigan via river and the Great Lakes to the East Coast of the United States via the Erie Canal and Hudson River. This connection to major eastern markets was critical to the development of central Michigan.



Accommodations near Saginaw River Rear Range Light

View more options near Saginaw River Rear Range Light

Nearby Tours & activities