Schultz and Green Point Sites

Saginaw, United States

Schultz and Green Point Sites

The Schultz Site (designate 20SA2) and the Green Point Site (designated 20SA1) are two adjacent archaeological sites located near the confluence of the Tittabawassee River and Shiawassee River in Spaulding Township, Michigan. the two sites were listed together on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973.

The Schultz Site was occupied nearly continuously from about 1100 BC to 600 AD. The site was likely used as a seasonal camp, occupied in the spring and fall. It was first investigated in modern times in 1959-1964 by researchers from the University of Michigan Museum of Natural History. Later investigations were undertaken by researchers from Michigan State University. Ceramics, charcoal, and animal bones were recovered. The site contained hearth locations, refuse pits, and post molds.



Accommodations near Schultz and Green Point Sites

View more options near Schultz and Green Point Sites0

Nearby Tours & Activities