San Clemente del Tuyú, Argentina

San Clemente del Tuyú is an Argentine town in the Partido de la Costa district of the Province of Buenos Aires.

Noticed by Ferdinand Magellan in 1520, who gave nearby Cape San Antonio its name, Spanish authorities first surveyed the area in 1580. Led by reformist Governor Hernando Arias de Saavedra, his Guaraní staff christened the spot Rincón del Tuyú ("muddy corner"). First mapped by British Jesuit Thomas Falkner in 1744, the neighboring stream was named San Clemente by Spanish Jesuit José Cardiel.


San Clemente del Tuyú Tours & Activities