Woodward's Gardens

San Francisco, United States

Woodward's Gardens

Woodward's Gardens (1866–1891), commonly referred to as The Gardens, was a combination amusement park, museum, art gallery, zoo, and aquarium operating from 1866 to 1891 in the Mission District of San Francisco, California. The Gardens covered two city blocks, bounded by Mission, Valencia, 13th, and 15th Streets in San Francisco. The site currently has a brick building at 1700 Mission Street, built after the 1906 San Francisco earthquake, which features a California Historical Site plaque, and the Crafty Fox Alehouse on the ground floor (formerly a restaurant named Woodward's Garden). The former Gardens site also features the current location of the San Francisco Armory, completed in 1914.



Accommodations near Woodward's Gardens

View more options near Woodward's Gardens

Nearby Tours & activities