Paróquia Nossa Senhora do Bom Conselho

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Paróquia Nossa Senhora do Bom Conselho

Paróquia Nossa Senhora do Bom Conselho is a parish located in the Mooca district of São Paulo, Brazil, in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Campo Limpo. The parish is in the Belém sector of the Archdiocese of São Paulo. It was established on 24 March 1940. Construction of the church that is now the seat of the parish began in 1973.

The church has its origins in the 1960s with the São Luiz Gonzaga college and seminary on the Avenida Paulista in Campo Limpo. The fathers owned a farm in Campo Limpo, growing food for their own use. The college chapel had an image of Nossa Senhora do Bom Conselho (Our Lady of Good Counsel) that had come from Italy. A copy of the image was installed in a building on the farm that was used as a garage, but also as a house of prayer and Sunday worship. The area was developed, and the farm was sold to make way for housing, but a 1,000 square metres (11,000 sq ft) site was set aside for church purposes. At first the plan was to build an extension to the college, but this was replaced by a daycare that currently serves 250 children, run by volunteers from the São Luiz Gonzaga college.



Accommodations near Paróquia Nossa Senhora do Bom Conselho

View more options near Paróquia Nossa Senhora do Bom Conselho0

Nearby Tours & Activities