The James Oglethorpe Monument is a public monument in Chippewa Square, Savannah, Georgia, United States. The monument honors James Oglethorpe, the founder of the Province of Georgia, who established the city of Savannah in 1733. Efforts towards the monument's erection began in 1901 and were led by members of several patriotic groups in the city, who secured government funding for the monument. The monument consists of a bronze statue of Oglethorpe, designed by Daniel Chester French, atop a large granite pedestal designed by Henry Bacon. It was dedicated in 1910, in a ceremony that attracted several thousand spectators and was attended by several notable government officials.