Rector Hotel

Seattle, United States

Rector Hotel

The Rector Hotel, later known as the St. Charles Hotel and during the 1930s the Governor Hotel, is a historic hotel building located at the Southwest corner of Third Avenue and Cherry Street in downtown Seattle, Washington. It was constructed in the latter half of 1911 by the estate of pioneer lumber baron Amos Brown. Designed by prominent Seattle architect John Graham, Sr., the original plans were for a twelve-story building that would be built in two phases but the top 6 floors were never added. Originally a hotel serving the tourist trade, by the 1970s it was operating as a Single resident occupancy hotel. In 1986 it was renovated into low-income housing by the Plymouth Housing Group. In 2002 it was added to the National Register of Historic Places.



Accommodations near Rector Hotel

View more options near Rector Hotel

Nearby Tours & activities