Holy Trinity Church, Howgill

Sedbergh, United Kingdom

Holy Trinity Church, Howgill

Holy Trinity Church stands in a country lane near the hamlet of Howgill, between Sedbergh and Tebay, Cumbria, England. It is an active Anglican church in the deanery of Ewecross, the archdeaconry of Craven and the Diocese of Leeds. The church is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II listed building.

The church was built in 1838 to a design by the Lancaster architect Edmund Sharpe. It replaced a small chapel on the other side of Chapel Back that dated back to about 1685. The main person responsible for its creation was Revd Isaac Green, the second master at Sedbergh School, and incumbent of the parish. The land was given by Stephen Sedgwick. The new church was consecrated on 29 October 1838 by the Rt Revd Charles Longley, Bishop of Ripon.



Accommodations near Holy Trinity Church, Howgill

View more options near Holy Trinity Church, Howgill0

Nearby Tours & Activities