The Government House or House of Government (Belarusian: Дом урада, Russian: Дом правительства) is a government building in Minsk located on Independence Square. It houses the National Assembly of Belarus and its two chambers: the Council of the Republic and the House of Representatives (located in the right wing). The National Assembly is one of the highest organs of national power and symbolism in the country. It was built in 1934 and designed by Iosif Langbard. It stands behind a statue of Vladimir Lenin and is one of the few buildings that survived the Great Patriotic War.