Caldwell House, Singapore

Singapore, Singapore

Caldwell House, Singapore

Caldwell House was a historical building designed and built by George Drumgoole Coleman from 1840 to 1841 in Singapore. It was the oldest building of the CHIJMES complex since 1854. It currently serves as a venue known as the Alcove at Caldwell House for wedding functions.

The house was one of the architecture designs of the Irish civil architect George Drumgoole Coleman in Singapore, it was built from 1840 to 1841 for H. C. Caldwell, a senior clerk to the Magistrates in Singapore. In August 1852, Father Jean-Marie Beurel purchased the house for the Sisters of the Holy Infant Jesus on his own expense of 4,000 francs. This formed the beginning of the Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus in Singapore.



Accommodations near Caldwell House, Singapore

View more options near Caldwell House, Singapore0

Nearby Tours & Activities