Church of the Ascension of Jesus, Skopje

Skopje, Macedonia

Church of the Ascension of Jesus, Skopje

9

The Church of the Ascension of Jesus (Macedonian: Црква „Св. Спас“) is a Macedonian Orthodox Church in Skopje, North Macedonia. It is situated east of Kale Fortress.

The church was built in the mid-16th century and is three-nave, with the middle vessel arched and flat pages covered with gains in domes. In the west is the gallery for women. On the south wall, above the present level of the floor during the repair of the church year 1963-64 was discovered a flat painting dating from the 16th-17th century. During the 19th century the church was given the final look. In 1824 the iconostasis was completed and in 1867 it was part of the throne icons. The iconostasis and icons were made by cooperatives and traders from Skopje.

Thumbnail image credited to Additional info


Accommodations near Church of the Ascension of Jesus, Skopje

View more options near Church of the Ascension of Jesus, Skopje

Nearby Tours & Activities