Whitehurst Hall

Stillwater, United States

Whitehurst Hall

Whitehurst Hall is an administrative building at Oklahoma State University. It was built in 1926 and named after John A. Whitehurst, president of the Oklahoma Board of Agriculture from 1918 to 1926.

The building originally housed the office for Oklahoma State University President Henry G. Bennett, his staff, the library, departments of agricultural school and other administrative offices. At the time it was built, it was one of the few structures west of Washington Street, not far from agricultural fields, experimental plots, stockyards, chicken coops and barns. Located near the site of the old brick College Barn. In 1926 the construction of Whitehurst Hall was the largest building project attempted at the college.



Accommodations near Whitehurst Hall

View more options near Whitehurst Hall0

Nearby Tours & Activities