Treasury Building, Sydney

Sydney NSW, Australia

Treasury Building, Sydney

The Treasury Building, or the Colonial Treasury Building, The Old Treasury Building, or the Treasury Building & Premier's Office, is a heritage-listed former government administration building and now hotel located at the junction of Macquarie and Bridge streets in the central business district of Sydney in New South Wales, Australia. Commenced in 1849 and completed in stages in 1851, 1853, 1900 and 1919 in the Victorian Neo-Classical and Italian Palazzo styles by NSW Colonial and Government architects Mortimer Lewis, Edmund Blacket, Walter Liberty Vernon, and George McRae, the building has been used variously by the NSW Treasury, the Audit Office, the Premier's Department, the Police Department, and the Ministry of Transport. In 1981 the building was sold to the InterContinental Hotel group, with a major hotel complex built on part of the site and much of the heritage building restored.


Accommodations near Treasury Building, Sydney

View more accommodations near Treasury Building, Sydney

Nearby Tours & activities