Chapel of Saint Pavel of Taganrog

Taganrog, Russia

Chapel of Saint Pavel of Taganrog

The Chapel of Saint Pavel of Taganrog (Russian: Часовня Павла Таганрогского) is a place of worship, which is located at Street Lagerny, 2, in Taganrog, Rostov Region. The chapel was first erected in 1905 at the burial place of Pavel Pavlovich Stozhkov. The religious denomination of the chapel is orthodox.

At the old cemetery of Taganrog there is a place where Pavel Taganrogskiy is buried. His funeral ceremony has taken place in March 1879, and the place was fenced by front garden. For the protection and preservation of his grave, in 1905 was built a wooden chapel. It was in size of 7x10 meters. In the chapel there were 2 doors and 7 windows, with the across placed on the oval roof. The wooden chapel was burned down on 12 July 1912.



Accommodations near Chapel of Saint Pavel of Taganrog

View more options near Chapel of Saint Pavel of Taganrog0

Nearby Tours & Activities