Takua Thung (Thai: ตะกั่วทุ่ง, pronounced [tā.kùa̯ tʰûŋ]) is a district (amphoe) in the province Phang Nga in the south of Thailand.
The old city hall was in Ban Khai, Tambon Bang Thong, Thai Mueang District. In 1894 Burmese troops attacked Mueang Takua Pa. Thalang and Takua Thung were the next targets. Then people of Takua Thung moved the city center to Tambon Kra Som, where it is located today. Takua Thung was downgraded to a district of Phang Nga in 1899.