115th Street Library

Teterboro, United States

115th Street Library

The Harry Belafonte 115th Street Branch of the New York Public Library is a historic library building located in Harlem, New York City. It was designed by McKim, Mead & White and built in 1907–1908 and opened on November 6, 1908. It is a three-story-high, three-bay-wide building faced in deeply rusticated gray limestone in a Neo Italian Renaissance style. The branch was one of 65 built by the New York Public Library with funds provided by the philanthropist Andrew Carnegie, 11 of them designed by McKim, Mead & White. The building is 50 feet wide and features three evenly spaced arched openings on the first floor.

It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980. In 2017, the branch was renamed to honor Harry Belafonte.



Accommodations near 115th Street Library

View more options near 115th Street Library0

Nearby Tours & Activities