Church of St Giles, Thurloxton

Thurloxton, United Kingdom

Church of St Giles, Thurloxton

The Norman Anglican Church of St Giles in Thurloxton dates from the 14th century but is predominantly from the 15th century with 19th-century restoration including the addition of the north aisle in 1868. It has been designated by English Heritage as a Grade II* listed building.

From October 1763 to January 1764 the vicar was the diarist James Woodforde. He was followed by the Rev William Boone. who was curate of the parish for 43 years, but was outlasted by his rector, the Rev Charles Russell, who was appointed in 1768 and held the living for 65 years.



Accommodations near Church of St Giles, Thurloxton

View more options near Church of St Giles, Thurloxton0

Nearby Tours & Activities