Arisugawa-no-miya Memorial Park

Tokyo, Japan

Arisugawa-no-miya Memorial Park

Arisugawa-no-miya Memorial Park (有栖川宮記念公園, Arisugawa Miya Kinen Kōen) is a park located in Minami-Azabu, Minato, Tokyo, Japan. It covers an area of 67,131 square metres.

During the Edo period, the park belonged to Minonokami Nambu, a feudal lord from the former Morioka Domain who used it as an urban villa. In 1896, it was acquired by the Arisugawa-no-miya line of the Imperial family, and then in 1913 it was passed on to the Prince Takamatsu line. Out of a great personal interest in promoting children's health and education about nature, Prince Takamatsu donated 36,325 square metres of land to Tokyo for use as a park on January 5, 1934, the anniversary of the death of Prince Arisugawa Taruhito. The city immediately began construction and the Arisugawa-no-miya Memorial Park was opened on November 17, 1934. After having expanded to include Azabu Baseball Field and tennis courts, the park's total area is currently 67,131 square metres. In 1975, administration for the park was given over to Minato ward where it remains today.



Accommodations near Arisugawa-no-miya Memorial Park

View more options near Arisugawa-no-miya Memorial Park0

Nearby Tours & Activities