Church of the Holy Trinity (Toronto)

Toronto, Canada

Church of the Holy Trinity (Toronto)

9.6

The Church of the Holy Trinity is an Anglican church located at Trinity Square in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

The modest Gothic Revival structure was built in 1847 by architect Henry Bowyer Lane, who also designed Little Trinity Anglican Church at 425 King Street East, and St. George the Martyr Church at 197 John Street (only the clock tower remains). The funds for its construction were a gift from Mary Lambert Swale of Settle, England. Swale had originally made the donation anonymously, but her name was eventually revealed. She had provided the gift with the stipulation that the church be open to the public, with no reserved pews. Other Torontonians assisted with the completion of this public project including Alexander Dixon who assisted with the project both financially and politically.

Thumbnail image credited to Additional info



Accommodations near Church of the Holy Trinity (Toronto)

View more options near Church of the Holy Trinity (Toronto)

Nearby Tours & Activities