Chapel of the Immaculate Conception, St. Julian's

Valletta, Malta

Chapel of the Immaculate Conception, St. Julian's

The Chapel of the Immaculate Conception is a Roman Catholic chapel on Bajja 'ta Spinola in St Julian's, Malta. It was built as the church for the Spinola Palace nearby and dedicated to the Immaculate Conception.

The chapel was built by Fra Paolo Rafel Spinola in close proximity to his palace. The chapel was completed in 1687 and enlarged at the beginning of the 20th century. A new façade was added to the chapel in 1914. It is listed on the National Inventory of the Cultural Property of the Maltese Islands. The first stone of the church was laid on 16 June 1687, and it was consecrated on 10 September 1688.



Accommodations near Chapel of the Immaculate Conception, St. Julian's

View more options near Chapel of the Immaculate Conception, St. Julian's0

Nearby Tours & Activities