Padre Filippini, Verona

Verona, Italy

Padre Filippini, Verona

The church of Padri Filippini, also known as the Church of the Filippini, is a Neoclassical style, Roman Catholic church in Verona, which like the older and neighboring church of San Fermo Maggiore is dedicated to the saints Fermo and Rustico.

Finding the older church of San Fermo Minore too narrow and cramped, the Oratorians in 1746 decided to replace it with this larger structure using plans by Andrea Camerata. The adjacent oratory was designed by Adriano Cristofali. Construction of the church was completed in 1791. The neoclassical church was decorated with works transferred from the San Fermo Minore, when that church was destroyed.



Accommodations near Padre Filippini, Verona

View more options near Padre Filippini, Verona0

Nearby Tours & Activities