Palais Wilson

Vésenaz, Switzerland

Palais Wilson

The Palais Wilson in Geneva, Switzerland, is the current headquarters of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights. It was also the headquarters of the League of Nations from 1 November 1920 until that body moved its premises to the Palais des Nations on 17 February 1936, which was constructed between 1929 and 1938, also in Geneva. In 1924, the building was named after U.S. President Woodrow Wilson, who was instrumental to the foundation of the League of Nations. The treaty bodies also hold their sessions in the Palais Wilson. In 1932, a glass annex was built to host the 1932 Conference on Disarmament. The Secretariat of the International Bureau of Education occupied the building from 1937-1984. The annex was destroyed in a fire in 1987.




Accommodations near Palais Wilson

View more accommodations near Palais Wilson

Nearby Tours & activities